Trauma Institute at the Center for the Treatment of Anxiety and Mood Disorders
Trauma can be defined as an adverse experience in life that affects us in very significant ways and that often challenges our sense of normalcy in our individual worlds, and/or the world in general. Examples of what may be experienced as a traumatic incident include, but are not limited to, witnessing or being in an accident, witnessing or experiencing interpersonal violence, war related trauma, childhood abuse, sexual abuse, sexual assault, domestic violence, natural disasters, terrorist attacks, experiencing racism, homophobia, tragic/sudden death of a loved one. As you can then imagine, many of us humans experience traumatic incidents in our lives. Because we are all different in how we cope with life, some of us are able to heal from trauma on our own, others of us need support in healing from trauma, and yet others may not feel the full effects until years later.
At the Trauma Institute, we care about everyone who has experienced trauma at whatever stage they are in their understanding of trauma and its effects. Our clients may come to us when they are worried about a loved one who does not seem to be recovering from a series of traumatic events, or they may be survivors of a recent traumatic incident they want to make sure they can heal from in healthy ways, or they are survivors of long-term chronic trauma and need to find specialized therapy to help them heal these chronic wounds in their search for a joyous and meaningful life. Others may call us inquiring about resiliency workshops and training. Whatever brings you to our doors, we welcome you and see the strength and courage in you that will help you reach your goals. Welcome to our Institute.
The vision of the Trauma Institute is to provide highly specialized clinical services, informed by the latest cutting edge-research, for trauma survivors. Our goals:
- Educate the public on trauma;
- Work with survivors in their healing journeys;
- Train future psychologists in the sound practice of trauma-informed clinical services;
- Collaborate with other recognized professionals in scientific research endeavors.
We are an Institute dedicated to clinical services, community education, professional training, and research focused on trauma recovery.
CLINICAL SERVICES available for all ages (Children, Teenagers, Adults and Older Adults):
- Intake assessment a thorough evaluation and understanding of your needs and goals to help you generate an individualized treatment plan to best fit your needs
- Individual therapy- we have psychologists offering the following types of trauma-informed therapy:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy)
- CPT (Cognitive Processing Therapy)
- CBP (Component Based Psychotherapy)
- DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) informed individual and group therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy
- Psychopharmacology- Specialized psychiatric services provided by Board Certified psychiatrist whose neuroscience research interests have provided a foundation for his approach to the biopsychosocial components of trauma stress disorders
- Group therapy (groups will be updated as needs arise, so call and let us know what kinds of groups you are looking for!)
- Process Trauma Group, for men and women
- Strong Kids/Strong Teens resiliency building groups for children and teenagers
- Couples Therapy- have you or your spouse been affected by a recent traumatic incident? Have you endured a traumatic incident together as a couple? Has your partner suffered from chronic trauma? We can help. We offer couples therapy for those couples who have been affected by trauma. We love working with all types of couples including LGBT-identified and interracial/interfaith couples.
- Diagnostic Assessment: we provide thorough trauma-informed psychological testing for clarification of diagnosis and tailored recommendations for treatment. Assessments are available in English and Spanish.
* All clinical services are provided in English as well as in Spanish (native fluency and attention to cultural aspects of Latino Mental Health).
Our services are offered in Delray Beach, FL and also across the United States via teletherapy.
How can we treat ADHD?
Untreated, ADHD can lead to drug abuse, job and academic failure, car accidents, or a general sense of lack of life accomplishment. On the other hand, treatment can be very effective. Appropriate ADHD medication use can turn around a negative life course and restore a healthy self-image. Non-pharmacologic treatment is also indicated and involves what is best described as ADHD coaching. This approach involves psychotherapy that focuses on time management and organizational development. These skills can last a lifetime and can contribute to eventual discontinuation of medication.
Treatment for ADD and ADHD in Delray Beach, FL and also across the United States via teletherapy.
Treatment Programs Specializing In:
Serving the whole person, not just the symptoms. In all of our programs your comfort, privacy and long-term success are paramount.
COVID-19 Trauma has become familiar to many people throughout the pandemic. If you’re experiencing trauma, PTSD, anxiety, or depression as a result of Corona virus learn about how our COVID-19 Trauma Treatment Program can help.
We offer online therapy to help people who are unable to leave their homes. Contact us and we will will schedule your confidential online assessment.
Helping people from all walks of life find deeper connection and understanding to create stronger and healthier relationships.
Anxiety disorders are the most common psychiatric illnesses affecting children and adults. When you experience anxiety that is persistent, seemingly uncontrollable, overwhelming and disabling you may have an anxiety disorder.
Mood disorders represent a category of psychiatric disorders in which the underlying problem primarily affects a person’s persistent emotional state or mood. Mood disorders are made up of depressive types and bipolar types.
Children and adolescents experience normal problems of growing up due to pressures of social media, school, socializing, self esteem or family. Our youth services provide assistance in dealing with educational, social, and vocational issues.
The Trauma Institute provides highly specialized clinical services, informed by the latest cutting edge-research, for trauma survivors. We are an Institute dedicated to clinical services, community education, professional training, and research focused on trauma recovery.
Many children and adults who have weak executive functioning skills are negatively impacted in all areas of life but fortunately through assessment and intervention, executive skills can be strengthened and compensatory strategies can be learned. When these skills are well developed, children and adults can better maximum their potential and future outcomes.
Families naturally go through stages and transitions across the lifespan. Family dynamics impact each individuals’ response to daily life and major events. Therapy can help families understand their complex and ever-changing dynamics. As the family becomes an expert in their processes, they will be able to use new skills to navigate each situation with love and respect for one another.
What We Treat
Types of Therapy
The Center offers cutting edge therapy designed to get you on the road to a speedy recovery. We will help you to learn how to live your daily life free from the fears or compulsions that inhibit you or your child’s ability to complete each day’s tasks.
More Ways to Get Help Now
The Center offers cutting edge therapy designed to get you on the road to a speedy recovery. We know that you can’t always make it into our office for your session. Which is why we now provide teletherapy. You can get support from the comfort of your own home. We offer cognitive behavior therapy, psychodynamic psychotherapy, mindfulness meditation, group therapy, and medication. Depending on your needs, here’s how you can get help now:
When it comes to anxiety or mood disorders we specialize in treating the whole person, not just your symptoms. In all of our programs your comfort, privacy and long-term success are paramount.